Thursday, November 1, 2012

What a Wedding Planner Does






Here are just a few things I do as your personal Wedding Planner:


*Organize your wedding day timeline, sometimes it could be the week of the timeline depending on thetype of wedding

*Coordinate vendor arrivals and deliveries with your venue

*Prevent expensive mistakes such as rush shipping charges, or unnessasary changes


*Remind you of obligations, appointments and budget constraints


*Give you ideas and information on the current trends


*Help pull together a cohesive and unified look


*Keep a look out for details you might have missed





I perform a service!

Can you do this yourself, yes much like changing your own oil or do your own plumbing. What you are paying for is the convience of someone else to worry about

I like to say that this is a gift to your mother, it helps prevent any family misunderstandings and keeps things running smooth

In the same theme, I am a neutral party. I don’t have to worry about a family member not being happy with me because we didn’t use their neighbors daughter to make your cupcakes. Family feuds, I run interference, I help buffer any hurt feelings etc.

For the most part I am treated as the adult professional that I am. And when I’m not treated well, I don’t have to worry about so and so being angry. I am there for the bride and groom and their families.

I see the big picture. Lots of times when planning, anyone can get zeroed in on one tiny minute detail and not see the the forest for the trees.

For example: Their so worried about the cake topper, that they forget to order the cake. Since this isn’t my wedding, I can look at the big picture and help with getting everyone focused on making the right decisions

I’m not a guest, normally you and your guests should be able to immerse themselves in your wedding. I am there to make sure that the caterers are setting the appetizers out, serving the Bridal Party first, the DJ has the set list and is ready to go and you don’t have to worry about the best man who is stuck at Midway Airport in Chicago and doesn’t have the money to rent a car, you get him on the Peoria Charter Coach that drops of at the Bones Student Center at midnight the night before the wedding.

You don’t have to worry about me having a good time, believe me I am. Watching guests and clients having a good time is great.

I am the middleman, your bouncer, I run interference for any problems, this way everyone gets to enjoy themselves. My job is to make sure you have as many happy moments as possible. If an extra person comes I make room for them at the appropriate table, with no fuss.

I keep your best interests at heart, how you want things to go. If the DJ doesn’t play the right song when you enter the room for your first dance I take care of it, literally. In one instance I ended up announcing all the important events that happen during your wedding reception.

I donate my time to Easter Seals, I plan and work on decorating the Black and Blue ball, Easter Seals Ladies Auxillary Fashion show, and the Passage to India. 

I donate my time to help put on the best fundraiser ever. I give back because when I was young I had cousins that could have benefited from Easter Seals help and it wasn’t available to them and these are no small task but I enjoy giving back.

WOMENS LIFESTYLE DISCOUNT: I'm offering 10% off any wedding package that is purchased for a bride at the Women’s Lifestyle Show.

MILITARY DISCOUNT: I also offer a 15% discount to all military personnel who book their wedding with me. 

I also have many ala carte items to rent, the best aisle runners available, antique suitcase designed to be card containers for your wedding, and a flower backdrop made from old wedding dresses. I also offer some other ala carte items to purchase such as a bridal suite gift basket, kids table fun items, and out of town guest baskets.








Tami Zachman
Inspired Events by Tami
PHONE (309) 256-4950
EMAIL tami@inspiredeventsbytami.com
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is appreciated. Comments are moderated to avoid spam, abuse, and trolling. Approved comments are published within 24 hours.